Monday, June 16, 2008

Last Night in Peru

Hey everyone! We went to the market one last time this morning to buy food for some people in need here in the Cajamarca area. To our surprise, Tab and I know more Spanish than we realized; we had no trouble buying the food ourselves with no help. We saw some serious poverty this afternoon when we delivered the food, so I can confidently say we helped those in need. While we are all ready to get home, I don't think any of us are looking forward to the trip. It was a long trip down here, and I'm sure it will be the same going back. We will leave Villa Millagro for the airport at 6:15 am, so you know Kels will be loving that. We will spend most of the day in Lima tomorrow, and our flight for Houston will leave around midnight. Sounds like fun! It has been an amazing trip, and we have appreciated all of your support and prayers.

Connie and Juanice -- We have A LOT of pictures to show you when we get back -- about 2 CDs worth!!

Mom -- Hope you are making it without Dad; I'll call you when we get to Houston.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Chris and Tab,

I cannot wait to see the pictures!! We miss ya'll lots! Yesterday Asher and I strolled over to feed the dog's about 8:00 and guess who was there waiting for his breakfast..........Kitty, Kitty. He was sitting there waiting. That is why I have not seen him when I have went before. He is used to being fed earlier and it has been between 9:30 and 10:00 when I have come. Well, he got his breakfast early yesterday. Todd fed them this morning about 6:30 a.m. The house is still standing and your vehicle is still there. I think Frazier and Diffy are missing ya'll because they haven't been eating much. I feel so sorry for them. They are just starving for attention when I go over there. I am going to go over this afternoon and spend some time with them. I am very thankful that God has given ya'll a wonderful and safe trip thus far and pray for a safe return. I know how long flights can be, especially early ones. I pray for God's blessings on ya'll and a safe journey home.

In Christ,

Connie