Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chris' Blog for Thursday

Hey everyone! We had a great time today at the market. We are such idiots in Spanish. We had a great time laughing at ourselves, but we were able to get a lot of food. Thankfully, Elmer, the pastor at Monte Sion, helped out our group. One thing he said that really stuck with me is that even though we don't speak the same language, with Christ, everything just seems to work out. Unfortunately, I think I might lose Tab on this trip. While shopping today, some man gave her his phone number. She even took her picture with one of them! I hope I'm not going to be replaced. We had Bible School this afternoon, and as usual, me, Brad, and John were the heads of recreation and had no clue what we were doing. Tomorrow we will be distributing all the food we bought today, so I will have a lot to say tomorrow night. The girls are doing great; I'm so proud of all of them. Makayla is going to start up a Humane Society for all of the animals down here. She feels sorry for the donkeys having to carry everything. We had a long day today, so we're going to get some rest and get ready to do it all over again tomorrow. Oh and good news -- they had pizza tonight so Kels finally ate a big meal!

Connie -- The bassett hound's name is Frazier and the cocker is Diffey.
Juanice -- We're missing you a bunch down here. The food is still amazing!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Chris,

Thanks for letting me know the dog's names. They are doing fine. I haven't seen the Kitty the last couple of days but when I get there in the morning the food has been eaten. I think I will put him a small bowl of water out tomorrow morning because it has been quite hot here and creeks are starting to dry up. Your house if still standing and your vehicle is still there. I have to spend a little time with the dogs and give them some attention, they just seem so lonely but they are doing okay. Take care and I will continue to keep you updated on your house and the dogs.

Connie

Brooklyn Grimes said...

Hey Makayla,I hope your having a wonderful time in Peru.Is the food good,what do you eat????????Well I hope to be going next year we all miss you and Hunter and Brad.Have a good time and tell Hunter that he is still a annoying cousin.Bye

The Grimes Family~

Mission Team said...

Hey Keri, Larry, Jordan,Tabi, and Brooklyn!
The food is awesome and the people are super nice. This program has done a lot of good things for the people. Sorry i haven't written sooner but i didn't see it cuz yall wrote it under chris's blog.
Love you all! See you soon.
-makayla♥

BrooklynGrimes said...

Hey Makayla,
You are a special cuz and I want you to know that I love you and So does the rest of the family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I cant wait to here from you again!!!!!

Brooklyn<3