Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday night from dentist, T.J. Randers (Texas)

God blessed us with another beautiful day today and another opportunity to serve the people here. Just as the day before, I was again impressed by the patience and appreciation expressed by those we have seen and cared for. I really hope the care I am providing is helpful and always pray for God to guide my hands. The children are so beautiful and innocent and pure and it is truly a privilege to have the opportunity to help those that might not otherwise have access to care. Unfortunately, I am living up to my Spanish name "El Dolor" (the pain)--but it is always wonderful after treatment when the children give me a big hug and it almost seems like they have forgiven me for what I have put them through. The team here is awesome and what a great thing for the people in this area to have access to top quality health care opportunities. Of course, we all feel like we are getting more out of this experience than the good we are doing, but I guess blessings can go both ways. My prayer for tomorrow is that I can provide the best care possible dental-wise, and that through this the people can also find a source of comfort through the gospel they arer being exposed to. I am thankful to be here, although I miss my family more than words can express and look forward to sharing love to my neighbor--my Peruvian neighbor--as the Bible tells me to do.

No comments: