Thursday, January 28, 2010

from Linda McIntosh (Des Arc Arkansas)

What a blessed day! We went to a home for single mothers and children and saw approx. 300 people. The children are absolutely beautiful! Their dark eyes and sweet appreciative smiles are worth all the hard work. It is heart breaking to see the poverty and know that the majority of their illnesses are due to parasites and that if they only had clean water this might be alleviated. A woman today told me that she needed to see the eye doctor because she couldn't see to read her Bible. It was such a blessing to see her smile wshen she received the glasses that allowed her to read again. As I prayed for each patient today, a woman prayed with me in Spanish and she continued to pray after I said Amen and I understood, even though I don't speak Spanish, that she was thanking God for the doctors and the workers who came to take care of them. It brought tears to my eyes to hear her prayer. It has truly been a blessing for me to watch what God is doing here.

No comments: