Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday from Neela

We are having a wonderful time in Peru and we are also working very hard. It has been an experience trying to communicate with the children at the school. Today was our second day of VBS and there was around 200 children attending,ages 3-13. The children are very excited about VBS and they enjoy coming. We are also painting part of the school . It has really made a difference in the way the school looks. I don't know how the teachers are keeping their students on task with all the work going on outside their windows. I was very surprised to see what the students were learning in the classrooms. I had the opportunity to listen to several students read in the 1st grade and it amazed me. I am very thankful to God for giving me the opportunity to come here.
Erin, Kelsey, Allie, Nathanael--I love ya! See you soon. Love, Ma
Tab, Nat, Matt, Sam, Kimberly--Love ya, too. Mom

5 comments:

Tab said...

We love you too Ma!!! We miss you very much! Hurry up and come home!
Rascal is doing fine, but he misses you too. Tell Daddy, Granddad, and Aunt Pam that we love and miss them too.
Love,
Erin and Kelsy

Tab said...

Glad to hear everythimg is going so well. We miss you and love you.
We are praying for you. All of the animals are doing fine. Frazier misses you Chris. Good night Chris, Ma, Granddad, and Pam. Have a nice day tomorrow.
Love you

Debbie said...

Hello Fellowship Baptist Church! I've been reading some of your blogs. I had no idea this was available until Connie told me today while I was at UACCB. Sounds like you are all busy beavers, but having a great time with the children.... getting lots done too. I'm sure the Lord will bless you all for your hard work and for showing the love of Jesus to these children! Tell Ashley Rosie is still there and the pool therapy is working wonders for my back! We miss you guys, but will be praying for each of you. What are your prayer needs at this time? Sounds like a lot more chilren than expected???!!!! May the Holy Spirit move in your midst. We pray the children will see the happiness of each of you and the peace that having God as your Savior can bring!!! I know that is your desires as well. Take care, stay safe, and know that the folks back home are thinking of you often. You are in our prayers... can't wait to hear all about this trip. I hope David or someone is taking lots of pictures!

Blessings and much Grace to you!

Debbie

Brad and Haleigh said...

Neela,
I am so glad to hear of the wonderful things going on. Please tell Brad that we love and miss him very much. I am trying to keep things under control here at home, but it is hard to do without my soulmate! We are very thankful to have such a great Christian leader for our family.
Continue the hard work and I will continue to pray for God's will to be done.
Luv n Christ!!!
Kim

Connie said...

Hey Neela, Sounds like ya'll have an over load of children. It makes AWANA's sound small like our Sunday school classes. I can't wait to hear about how the bible school went. We had ice cream at church Wednesday night and the kids loved it so we will probably have it again next Wednesday. Nita, Debbie and I held down the fort downstairs. Everything went well. Miss ya lots!!

Connie