Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday morning

We had a very busy, but rewarding day at clinic yesterday. We saw 340 patients, some with serious problems, most with common ailments such as headache, backache, and stomachache. Janett and Faye had the best job...giving out toys and goodies to every patient. They wanted to be able to say something in Spanish as they handed out their gifts, so they asked Faye's grandson Levi how to say Jesus loves you. He told them what to say and they practiced and practiced before clinic started. They were quite proud of themselves as they said "Christo te lame" to each person until Levi informed them they were saying 'Jesus licks you'--it should have been "Christo te ama" --I think they gave up and just filled a bag and handed it out without saying anything. I think the people got the message anyway. About to head to another placed here in town for another full day.
Naomi

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Martha that I visited with her brother in law, Gary, a few minutes yesterday. They are all doing well, I think. Annette was taking a nap. Praying that you all stay well and are blessed and are blessing others!

Unknown said...

Naomi,
I have been reading the posts on the blog and I know ya'll are having a great time tending to the needs of the people in the area. I will always remember how appreciative the Peruvian people are to God for Villa Milagro.
I am looking forward to returning to Cajamarca, maybe next June.
Tell everyone Hello!
Pat Jackson

Mission Team said...

Pat, We are missing you on this trip and sure could have used you as a translator...but I'm putting you on the list to go next year! Naomi

aulanda said...

How funny that Net and Faye are having a little trouble with their spanish......sounds like me. Naomi if you want Pat back as a translator, do you think I could translate too....lol....What a great thing it is that you all are doing. May God bless you for your faithful service to him and the people of Peru. Have a safe trip home.

aulanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.