Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wed. June 3, 2009

Laura—The mission trip has been quite an experience! We have only have 2 more days left, but in the past few I have seen so many amazing things. The people in Peru are so grateful for the littlest things…things we take for granted. There are faces I’ll never forget…and sites that are indescribable. All together it’s been an amazing experience that I wouldn’t trade for anything.

Douglas-hi mom love u &miss u having a good time

Rick – It’s a privilege to minister in Peru in Jesus name! The people of Cajamarca, Chancay, and Yanacancha, have been very gracious. I believe the Spirit of God is using this trip to bring a lot of people closer to Christ.

Landon – Words can’t describe all that has happened this week. From aiding in clinics to playing with the children, every moment has been amazing. Tomorrow the youth will split up and go to the markets to buy food and later deliver it to needy families. In the states we hear the prayer, “Give us this day our daily bread…,” however for us it isn’t an earnest prayer. Here in Peru, The Lord’s Prayer is reality. The things I have seen this week have truly touched my life, and I am now more aware of the problems we have in this world. Today we traveled to a village called Yanacancha, a beautiful area high in the mountains; sadly it was one of the poorest places I’ve yet to see. It was a very isolated village; however, seven or more Baptist establishments in the area, and the people thanked God for our visit. I don’t know how I will ever explain all this to my church, there is so much. I am very grateful for this experience and hope those at home will see what an impact Miracle Village International has made in the lives of the Peruvians. I think my blog is a little long. Hopefully Bro. Jackson gives me a Sunday to tell all of this haha..

Darla—today we traveled to a village high in the mountains-we visited a school that had 130 children
They were precious. There are 7 Baptist churches in this area . Fifteen years ago no person had a bible or knew of Jesus. This mission has been blessed and we have blessed to be involved.

3 comments:

Carol B said...

Hey, Douglas. I love and miss you, too. I'm glad you are having a good time. I can't wait to see you and dad Saturday, Lord willing.

MichelleD said...

Landon, We are so proud to hear how your experiences there have touched and blessed your life. We miss you very much and can't wait to see you on Saturday. We will be praying for you all to have a safe trip home. Hey, Laura, Kim, Charles and Chris

merinda said...

Mom, had dr. appointment today. All is well. BP still doing good. Had Robin Grice into observe with Dr. J. She asked about you. Looking forward to you coming home. Penny cries everynight and wonders where her na na is.....it's very sad.